There is no emergency at the University of Notre Dame. The campus is operating under normal conditions.
In the event of an emergency, this site will be updated with information about the nature of the incident, how to remain safe and, after the event, the point at which safety has been restored.
Emergency updates are available on Facebook and @notredame on Twitter.
Reporting an emergency
- Dial 911 from any phone; or
- Pick up the receiver of any blue-light phone on campus
Campus Emergency Information
During a major emergency, information can be found on this website or by calling 1-866-668-6631.
For non-emergency reporting:
- Notre Dame Security & Police: (574) 631-5555
- The University’s emergency preparedness protocols were developed to ensure the safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors in the event of a campus disaster or other emergency situation. The resources and information contained on this website are a component of the University's overall emergency preparedness and response efforts.
- Campus Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (March 2020, 649 KB)